[vdr] Re: teletext and ffmpeg

Arno Esser wrote:
> Juri Haberland wrote:

>>don't use a plugin, just take the remote control of your tv set and
>>switch the teletext on as you would do it normally with a tv set. You
>>should see the teletext of the tuned channel.
>>
> But where shall the tv get the teletext information get from if I only
> have a satelite cable which is only connected to my vdr box ....

Did you try it?

The DVB driver get's it via the DVB stream and inserts it into the video
signal (composite out only - not on RGB output). You just have to have
the right teletext IDs for every channel in your channels.conf.
At VDRPortal is a posting with a patch to the scan application in the DVB
driver sources that will report the TID, amongst other things:

posting (in german):
http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=950&sid=

patch:
http://www.vdrportal.de/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=122&sid=

> But thank you anyway for your help. Meanwhile I upgraded to version
> 0.2.1 of the osdteletext plugin and it seems to work with the "-r" switch.

The only thing is:
Obviously the teletext plugin intercepts the teletext signal, so nothing
is inserted into the video signal. So you have two possibilities:
- don't load the teletext plugin and use your TV for teletext or
- use the plugin, but then you can't use the TV's teletext

Cheers,
Juri