[vdr] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
> Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
>> Juri Haberland wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe one of you experienced the following behaviour also or has a hint
>>> to why this is happening:
>>>
>>> With the new drivers 1.0.0-rc1 and -rc2 I experience desync of a/v in
>>> VDR after viewing a recording. This does not happen with a driver from
>>
>> I see a a/v desync for some time now (I think it started before the
>> 1.0.0-rc drivers came out, but maybe with a newer CVS as of 13. Jan.
>> I have not checked if this only happens after a replay. I'll check that
>> out.

I might add that it does happen on other occasions, too, but viewing a
recording is an easy and reliable way to reproduce it here.

>>> CVS as of 13. January. This is very reproducable. It affects all
>>> programs on the same frequency (I use DVB-T) but vanishes, if I switch
>>> to a channel on another frequency.
>>
>> I have the impression that the amount of a/v desync depends on the
>> channel. An example that is very reproducible for me: watching
>> "Tagesschau" on 3sat has a/v sync problems, if I switch to ARD the
>> problems disappears, but if going back to 3sat, the a/v desync problem
>> is the same as before.
>
> Sorry, hit the send button too fast. I am using a Hauppauge Nexus-s, so
> the problem seems to exist on other boards than DVB-T too.

Ahh, interesting to know.

OK, anyone else? I'd like to find a number of people with this problem
before going back to the driver developers.

Cheers,
Juri