[vdr] Re: AW: Re: MP3 Plugin

On 14 Mar 2003 Juri Haberland <juri@koschikode.com> wrote:

> did you read my postings from 7th March? The pids are ok, but it looks
> like the buffer of one pipe get's too much input at startup of the script.
> I can make the slave mode work if I start mplayer with -reallyquiet an
> disable debugging in the script.

Well, you cannot "overflow" a pipe. If one of the pipe buffers
would run full right at startup the writing process would block
until the reading process has taken some data.

But looking at the code noticed a possibility for a race
condition.

in player-mplayer.c cMPlayerPlayer::Fork():

  if(MPlayerSetup.SlaveMode) {
    close(inpipe[0]); inpipe[0]=-1;
    close(outpipe[1]); outpipe[1]=-1;
    fcntl(outpipe[0],F_SETFL,O_NONBLOCK);