[vdr] Re: Small client for SVDRP

[ ... ]

> Another solution might be to use NetCat (the binary is called
> nc). I don't
> know how big the nc binary is (can't check right now). But again the same
> sleeping problem is present.
>
> --
>   Lauri

Thanks for the help.

Both is possible in my system. I have devfs in my kernel and the mini
distribution that is the base of my system has a function limited 'nc'. I
will look, if i can work with it. It has the following options:

[root@zeno bin]# ./nc --help
BusyBox v0.60.5 (2002.11.16-00:09+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: nc [OPTIONS] [IP] [port]

Netcat opens a pipe to IP:port

        -l              listen mode, for inbound connects
        -p PORT         local port number
        -e PROG         program to exec after connect (dangerous!)

would the call look like this?:

nc -p 2001 127.0.0.1 < echo "hitk power"

Oliver