[vdr] Re: DVB-T UK and odd new drivers problems

On 03/17/03 17:49, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

At 12:33 17/03/2003, you wrote:

Glad (unfortunately) to know that I'm not the only UK person to be doing this.

A few questions (or comparisons) if I may:

- I have a DVB-T card a regular Nova-T card - I'm never sure if the DVB-T card can actually tune
anything as when recordings start I tend to get a black screen on most channels. Playing with
the CA value seems to move the problem around (besides wrecking the recording, which of
course was the whole point...). (I know that both cards work under windows)

- When I first started with vdr recordings used to get labelled with "text" names, now
I just channel name and time. Same for you ?

Hi John,
interesting. This sounds as though EPG (electronic programming guide) isn't being read.

- Blue button crashes (in a non-self restarting kind of way) vdr when used in the channel
list "switch" context. This *really* annoys the wife.

Are you using a drx3 for decoding? The "blue button crash" thing sounds like it.

My "stable" solution consists of using the 0.9.4 driver and vdr 1.1.13.
1.1.13 is the last version that works with the 0.9.4 driver but features support for extended DVB-T parameters.

Strangely enough it has some glitches in live replay (not recording) on the same channels that give tuning problems with the newer drivers. So maybe it's the firmware after all -- the only strange thing then is, why old firmware and new drivers don't rectify at least the tuning problem for these channels.

Regarding firmware. Can someone confirm that this refers to the firmware for
the ARM on fully featured cards and so any driver-firmware issues don't apply
to those using budget cards like the Nova-T?

Sim

--
Simeon Walker, email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences, phone: +44 (0)1248 383702