[vdr] Re: OSD colors vanishing after time

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Robert Schneider wrote:

Hi all,

since I upgraded to 1.1.25 and the pre2 drivers, I have observed for
mulitple times that OSD colors just vanish at some time. I read a thread
about that (beginning of March) but couldn't find hints or causes.

Anybody else observing that? I'm running plain vanilla vdr with only the
mp3 plugin (which I wouldn't consider being the cause).

Can you *definitely* rule that out?
Does it also happen if you don't use that plugin?
I can confirm that it also happens without any plugin and only my PID finder patch applied. The OSD colors get messed up after some time and the firmware is likely to crash shortly afterwards.
It appears as if filters set to the PAT and PMT pid's/sections will increase the likelyhood of incuring the OSD color problem.
I experimented with syncing OSD activity to the demux devices by adding the av7110->demux mutex to the OSD ioctl call path in the driver. It appears as if the color problem is harder to reproduce then, but it will still occure after some time.
Judging from other people's reports, it would appear as if those problems do not occure on all cards. I have talked to several people that could not reproduce these problems with the RC2 driver.

my system:

AMD Duron 1.1GHz / 128MB SDRAM
Haupauge DVB-S v1.3
# lspci -nv:
00:0f.0 Class 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
Subsystem: 13c2:0000
Memory at e8101000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

Have fun

Andreas