[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.26

Am Sonntag, 23. März 2003 17:15 schrieben Sie:
> Norbert Schmidt wrote:
> > Hi Klaus,
> >
> > first of all. The situation seems to get better ;-). I tried
> > the new version with dvb-1.0.0pre2 and experienced less
> > dramatic crashes than with the vdr-1.1.24/driver combination.
> >
> > Unfortunately there are still more or less frequently crashes
> > due to "CAM: Read failed" with successfull restarts within
> > some (10-20) seconds.
>
> Can you please try the patch at
>
>   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cam-1.1.26.diff
>
> which limits CAM access to channels that actually have a non-zero
> Ca value and completely suppresses it during replay. Maybe this
> helps with your problem (although my hopes are not too high...).

Hi Klaus,

unfortunately and as you expected, there is no improvement.
Anyway THANX for your efforts. If there is anything I can do
to give you more information, let me know.

In any case I will make a hw-test next weekend because I am
still not shure, wether the irq-sharing (card (0) with cmi8738
on irq5, card (1) with eth0 on irq11) could cause this problem.
Although it was discussed before and although my system runs
stable with 1.1.20. But who knows ;-).

BTW @all: Is there a way to tell the soundcard- and eth-driver
at startup which irq to use to avoid the irq-sharing? Or must
the setup come from the bios?

CU Norbert