[vdr] Feature Request / Plugin ?

Hello List

Currently i write some scripts to burn a VIDEO-DVD only by
pressing some buttons on the Remote Controll.

The script use vdr2dvd.pl script to generate the DVD.
My script do other things like:
-check for availible Space on DVD
-Cutt recordings outside of the VDR
-Start burn and vdr2dvd process
-.....

To generate a "toconvert" list i use currently a rely old 1.0.4 VDR with AIO
so i can press "1" within the Recordings-Menü and VDR writes the selected recording
into a text-File.

Currently i made a small meachanism to avoid, that on recording can be added
more then 1 time into this list.

Now my question:

Does anyone work on a Plugin or a Patch vor VDR wich is able to mark
recordings in the Recordings_menü wich are in the "toconvert" list ?

I donīt know if itīs possible and i also donīt know how many work it is ! - Itīs just a Question.

Second Question:

How to calculate the estimted DVD-Size ?

I made some scripts wich can calculate the whole size of all marked recordings
after cutting - but thatīs not the size of the /VIDEO_TS Directory.

I have made many tryes and i have found out, that the sice grows not linear.
Iīm not a mathematical Genie so if anyone have a idea ho to calculate
the estimated DVD-Size out of the VDR-Recording-Size - this would be great !

Now my calcultion is n ot 100% but if you can live with a "buffer of 100MB" itīs still working.

Best regards.

Axel