[vdr] Re: Which motherboard for a vdr box ?

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:
>
>> I on the other hand have been very happy with a VIA Epia 800 as the base
>> for the box. Has all you need: net, gfx, audio, no cpu fan (large heat
>> sink used), small, cheap, one PCI slot for a DVB card.
>>
>Ja but... what about divx-es? I think you MUST think to this when
>setting up an STB nowadays.

Yes, I thought about them, and came to the conclusion that I don't need
DivX support. Actually, DivX falls in the same category as SoftCam, as 99%
of what people use DivX for is illegal. Sure, there are a few legitimate
users, but...

--

             Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods