[vdr] Re: Which motherboard for a vdr box ?

I hope you don't use DVD because the DVD plugin use a very illegal
software to read data from the media.
This is not the place to discuss this, but I don't think what
you said is correct. It may be illegal in some European countries
that have accepted and implemented the crazy EUCD, if that is
really what the EUCD says which I am not sure of, but AFAIK all
European countries haven't, and hopefully they won't, and we
will hopefully see the EUCD change in the future.

Everybody should really take part of the EUCD discussion and make
their voices heard (I have to admin that I have done neither yet).
This isn't about any right to steal - that is illegal in most
contries and most of us think that is how it should be - this
is about the freedom of expression, privacy, research and
information, the freedom of speech and thought, and the freedom
of choice and right for consumers. Maybe more. Some politicians
are beginning to understand this and are beginning to act.

I hereby want to end this and similar discussions on this
list - it should be clear to everyone that they are not
wanted here by the list owners, neither are references to
software that the EUCD could possibly deem illegal to own,
use, distribute and/or sell, typically software that is
made for showing copy protected material.

/ragge