[vdr] Re: Idea how to generate a OSD-Main-Menu from a plugin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bläser, Lars" <LBlaeser@hofheim.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 5:49 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Idea how to generate a OSD-Main-Menu from a plugin

> > Making something modular is a great idea and one thing. Making
> > something modular work for *everyone* is another and requires
> > *a LOT* more work and time.
>
> that the part i agree most with you
>
> there are much bigger projects (also GPL) then VDR and they get maintained
end developed - its more a question of time and organisation and DEFINITIONS
(programmers that i know do more thinking and planing then writing code -
beside the time they wait for other project members to finish there work)

They do it, as they can save a lot of time by planning their code. First you
do a flowchart, check the logic and then do the programming.

Think about building a house without a plan - first you set up the wall and
then you think there could be an window and there and there. Then you break
holes for windows into the wall ... and then your wall collapses ...

> my impression is that VDR is more evolving then driven by strict rules,
plans and release dates - its a very complex hobby people share
> maybe people should see it more like that
>
> anyone is free to start a project at sf.net and gather developers

If my health would be more reliable I'd have done this long ago. But I also
would like to have Klaus' inside the boat as he was the guy who invented VDR
to the linux world. (OK, I know - having values is obsolete in this century
of american hegemony).

Rene