[vdr] Re: AW: ds.jar

> >Sooooo ------ although I am a VDR-only user currently I have no plans to
> >port PVAS to Linux, as I do not believe that it makes sense (because of
> the
>
> ok you said probably
> http://www.offeryn.de/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=2&topic=120

Well - that was "Posted on: 4:25 pm on June 25, 2002"

And today I say:  "currently I have no plans" - i.e. never say never, but
the more time passes the more unlikely the port gets :-(

But this is completely OT wrt vdr - we can continue this via PM if you like.

> P.S. It is still the best and fastest program for me .. and the linux tool
> doesn't offer this functionality ...

Yeah - I tried ds.jar and it seemed too slow for me too - I already
suspected that in the thread you quoted.

The main problem all the time for me seems to be the lack of time. I'd
gladly port PVAS to Linux, but the last few months I did not even have
enough time for the original PVAS. And now I have a new project in mind
(again some SW I need and cannot find...) which pushes PVAS for Linux down
the priority queue (again).

And - before you ask: About more than a year ago I gave the code to someone
who offered to port it to Linux. After this person put quite some effort in
it, it was decided that PVAS was too much relying on Windoze-intrinsics. So
we canned the porting.

We now return to your regular scheduled program... ...really.

regards

    Wiljo