[vdr] Re: Pointing the dish with vdr

Hi,

> > Look for something like "tech patch".
> > After patching you can switch the bargraph on and off.

> Ummm..  is it usefull?

Well this code originates from my 1.1.17 mod. (The patch itself
isn't from me though) "I" think it's usefull (otherwise I wouldn't
have programmed it ;o)). You can't just switch it on or off, but
rather you can show it on the osd or in the console or both or
none)

> I'm asking because the display is needed when the signal is bad,

Yes, that is one of the places where it comes in handy.

> usually when the signal is bad, vdr crashes, so how can you use it.

VDR does *NOT* crash. It restarts. That isn't the same. Klaus
implemented this in order to give a scheduled recording a further
chance should the DVB driver crash. You could for example
simply increase the watchdog timeout (or disable it). In my original
implementation I have a default tuning timeout of 100 seconds.
Since some things have changed in the way tuning is done in the
1.1.19+ versions, you no longer need the timeout. During initial
testing in the 1.1.19 I disconnected the LNB during tuning, waited
over a minute and reconnected the LNB. VDR tuned just fine and
it neither crashed nor did it exit during this time (of course I
didn't use the watchdog feature during the testing)

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.