[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-dsmcc-0.1.0 plugin

Hi Dave,

> I'm looking forward to testing this over the weekend.

I'm looking forward to patches =)

> Do you know if the UK DVB-T interactive technology is the same as used
> by the BBC on Sky Digital?  With the BBC announcing their intention to
> go free-to-air in the near future, it would be nice to get access to
> that data.

No, on Sky they use OpenTV,  some very propriety standard that their
is no documentation for (that I know of.)

> Have you implemented DSMCC parsing as a standalone utility as well, or
> would you be interested in doing so?

No, I haven't written one yet but do plan on getting around to it, most of
the code can be taken from the plugin. But if anybody else would like to do
it first that would be even better =)

richard.

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.