[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.11 available (plugin development)

Hi,

I also have the problem that I cannot get the CDDB connection work; I wonder if anybody with a non-permanent internet connection has ever got it working...

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

Hi Stefan,

I was asked to post this question on the ML. Dirk (from
the VDR Portal team) is experiencing a problem using
CDDB via internet. He says if he uses CDDB locally
(i.e. on HDD) everything works just perfectly. However,
if he connects to the internet to access the whole CDDB
archive, it doesn't work. He is using a router to connect
VDR to CDDB, but he is only experiencing problems
with CDDB (all other internet related VDR stuff works)

Do you have any idea, where his problem might be? Sorry,
I don't have any further information about the rest of his
config.

I gave him a few tips (i.e check settings, try to connect to
CDDB manually via a browser, but using VDR's configs).
Maybe you have an additional idea what else it could be.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.