[vdr] Re: error using mplayer and dxr3

Hi,

This is of no help for you but to participate the discussion...

Oliver Brandt wrote:
Hi,
I'm using (actually trying to use) vdr with the dxr3 and mplayer plugin.
After selecting a movie I get the error message shown below. I've looked
through the instructions, but I'm not really shure how to apply the
mplayer.sh script. I've copied the example file to various locations
like /video/plugins/mplayer.sh and others but it did not help.
I have it (and mplayer.sh.conf also) in /usr/local/bin.

I'd also
like to know whether I have to change the OPTS="-vo mpegpes" to OPTS="-vo
dxr3"? I have atendency to overlook (-read) the most obvious, so please forgive if this is a stupid quesion and I think this is. Thank you very much for your help!
Oliver
I tried both -vo possibilities and so far the only effect has been obviously DXR3 S/PDIF audio sample rate change for the live DVB-T stream which continued to show on TV (audio became sloooooow) or vdr freezes depending on setup.

I even tried to replace whole mplayer.sh with a simple script like this

"mplayer -vo dxr3 -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma some_video_clip.avi"

but no success. It is a bit surprising because VDR OSD informs about releasing DXR3 when mplayer plugin is started.

I wonder which approach should be taken for DXR3: -vo mpegpes or -vo dxr3? I haven't seen mplayer plugin in action, is there loss of VDR based OSD if mplayer.sh script uses dxr3 output directly? My LCD display shows a progress bar for mplayer plugin.

BR,
Seppo

Output I get:

khalid@volubilis:~/vdr3/vdr-1.1.26$ ./vdr -Pdxr3 -Pmplayer
status: volume=255 mute=0
sh: line 1: mplayer.sh: command not found