[vdr] Re: LAN cable length / Streaming Plug-In

> > in the last days I installed my LAN (Ethernet at 100 MBit/s) at home
and
> > finally got the streaming plug-in (v0.1.1) work with the Windows VDR
> > Stream Player (www.m-i-b-u.de/vdrsp). Unfortunately, there are
blocks
> > and interruptions in the transmission.
>
> Try forcing the network cards to 10Mbit mode?

Hi,

I thought that you always get half of the output you set, so 10 MBit/s /
2 = 5 MBit/s is IMHO not enough. I think most of the (at least german)
channels use a variable bit rate with a peak > 4 Mbit/s. When editing
for DVD, I even found a peak on a recording from ZDF with 7 MBit/s.
But I will check this (if I find the correct settings).

> Oh, and thankyou for pointing out www.m-i-b-u.de/vdrsp - I didn't know
> such a
> wonderful piece of software existed! :)))

Works great, just switching the channel takes some time and it currently
does not support features like fullscreen mode, hardware deinterlacing
etc. But it´s enough for watching TV in the background :-).

Jörg