[vdr] Re: Dual recording happend - should only have been one !? and errors on replay.

> Somehow VDR started TWO recordings (timers) at the same time recording the
> same program into the same directory [...]
> Replay was not possible - lots of grfical errors.

> [...] I have sometimes got "button-repeats" when using lirc so that it
> might bee that the red button was pressed twice (see my next post) - but
> that should have resulted in 2 timers which i can cancel seperatly or am I
> wrong here ?

If there are two timers with identically data (or identically except the
channel) vdr records these into one mixed recording. This is because of
the name of the recording directory which in such cases will be used by
both timers.
I mentioned this some months ago and IIRC the plan was to change the way
vdr names the recording directorys in a future version of vdr.

I assume in your case it was a combination of this problem and the
problem with the keys of your remote control or lirc.

> Btw. was does the "-- MARK --" entries in syslog mean (also see below) ?

They tell you that the engine, that writes the log, is still alive, even
if there were no entry for a specific time.

TMJ