[vdr] Re: cam-errors (@Klaus)

On 6 Apr 2003 at 23:31, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Uwe Weissbach wrote:
> >
> > Hallo Klaus,
> >
> > according to some topics about cam errors and an earlier topic
> > about differences in several versions I have checked last days
> > my computer and the difference between 1.1.23 and 1.1.26
> > (we talked earlier about it) and for me it's absolutly no doubt:
> > 1.1.23 has had this error with the slow menu but don't
> > makes significant am errors
>
> Please help me out here: what "slow menu" do you mean?
> (Sorry if I've missed something here, I've read so many emails
> today...)

please don't be sorry, you do a hard job ...

there was a thread "strange problem with controlling VDR":

On 2 Mar 2003 at 22:44, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> This has been fixed in VDR 1.1.25.

this was the reason why I'm overjumped the 1.1.24 but I'm able to test it also..

then in addition:

the thread "with 1.25 more crashes then with 1.23 ???" beginning at 11/03 ending with:

whats about the things you wrote about it at 30/3:

> I'm afraid I'll have to postpone any further work on the LL CAM problems
> until after VDR version 1.2.0. Until then please use the Root-icam/Dpram-icam
> firmware. Note that in that case you should wait about 10 seconds after
> to connect to that CAM - which it can't).
>
> I have asked Holger to keep the -icam firmware up-to-date with the LL
> version, so that you will have the OSD fix in the -icam FW, too.
> The -icam version that is in the CVS right now still has the OSD bug.

is this a chance to debug the read-cam-problem ???
and are there any further knowledge about it this time ???

> You wrote that you have compared versions 1.1.23 and 1.1.26 - what about
> 1.1.24 and 1.1.25? There were several changes in VDR/ca.c between these versions.
> Could you try each of those to maybe further narrow this down? And with
> all tests make sure you are always using the same driver. I understand
> you have done your tests with driver 1.0.0-pre2. Please repeat these tests
> with the same driver and VDR versions 1.1.24 and 1.1.25. Then please also
> do the test with the latest driver from the DVB CVS, since there were some
> changes since 1.0.0-pre2

ok I will test 1.1.24 meanwhile and the CVS driver
(should I take original Root/Dpram ???)...

greetings,

Uwe Weissbach

--

    _    _
   (o)--(o)

 Uwe Weissbach, Leipzig

mail:   uwe.weissbach@web.de
pgp:    send mail with "pgp-request" in subject