[vdr] Re: i have green recordings and vdradmin doesnt work !

Leeloo wrote:
> hello there !
> first i must say sorry for my english :)
> i can record and the vdr works all the time great but one problem i
> have..
> all recordings are green if i play this on my windows computer !
> if i record with my windows computer the recordings are not green !
> and another one is freaky ! the recordings are only not green if i
> play it on and with my vdr !

So VDR works as it should. You have a Windows problem. Wrong mailing
list, but anyway:

DVB transmits in MPEG2 data. AFAIK there are two different file formats
for MPEG2.  VDR uses the PES format, while most mpeg2 files are in the
PS format (If I'm wrong, please someone correct me).

Windows - per default - cannot play mpeg2 files - in either format. For
this you need to install a mpeg2 decoder. Some can play the PES
recordings directly, some need a normal MPEG2 file.
You can use PVAstrumento to convert the VDR recordings into a normal
MPEG2 file.

Cheers,
Juri