[vdr] Re: vdr-1.2.26 does not know its recordings (BUG)

Tobias Haustein wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've observed the following strange behaviour of vdr-1.2.26:

Wow, you're apparently a lot further in development than I am!
My VDR is only at 1.1.26 ;-)

> After restarting vdr, it the timer.conf file and starts to record two
> channels. However, in the menu, _no_ active recording is shown and
> therefore it is impossible to stop the recordings. The timer.conf
> file in question is the following:

The Main menu only holds "Stop recording..." entries for instant recordings that
have been started in the currently running VDR session.
If you want to stop a timer prematurely you can always enter the Timers
menu and hit the blue button in there.

> ----
> 3:S19.2E-0-12188-12003:12:1206:1506:50:50:@Beverly Hills, 90210 Little Big Brother:
> 3:S19.2E-0-12188-12020:12:1208:1508:50:50:@The Naked Chef Folge 9:
> ----
>
> It's not hand-crafted, but a regular timer.conf file that has been written
> on exit of the same vdr just seconds before.
>
> I don't know (yet) which conditions lead to the problem, but it seems to
> happen in _most_ cases.

Whenever you restart VDR and previously had "Stop recording..." entries in
the Main menu, this will happen.

> The second strange effect is that I can record the same channel multiple
> times at once. If I keep pressing "menu"-"red", I can start lots of
> concurrent recordings of the same channel. I just managed to start 8 such
> recordings of RTL, but then after some seconds vdr crashed with a segfault.

There is still a problem with timers that result in the same file name.
For the moment just don't start the same recording more than once.

Klaus