[vdr] Re: no sound after mp3- or MPlayer playback

On 13 Apr 2003 "Matthias Raus" <matthias-raus_vdr@web.de> wrote:

> since VDR-1.1.27 is running thorougly stable and functional on my machine right now, there is one little thing
> which disturbs me for quite a long time: After playing an mp3- or MPlayer file, there is often no sound any
> more; switching the channel back and forth brings sound back.
> I know that this is a known problem, but I would at least like to understand what this behaviour is caused by
> (VDR, plugin, driver?) and how we could change this.

I think it's a driver issue.
I tried many different command sequences to switch back to live
TV, but none worked every time.

If you want to try yourself, have a look a
cDvbDevice::SetPlayMode().

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan