[vdr] Re: Feature Request: All-Time-Recording

Am Dienstag, 15. April 2003 17:37 schrieben Sie:
> Walery Daniloff wrote:
> > Hi Klaus,
> >
> > > If you have more than one DVB card and you have your CAM in a
> > > non-primary card, then this should be no problem. AFAIK with the DVB
> > > cards used with
> >
> > VDR
> >
> > > it is not possible to do recording of an encrypted channel and replay
> > > at the same time (anybody who knows better please correct me).
> >
> > I'ts possible if use ca_pmt_list_management value (first,more,last). Up
> > to 3 channel decripted simultaneously.
>
> Is that from personal experience or from reading the specs?
>
> Besides, the original question was not whether more than one
> encrypted channel can be decrypted simultaneously, but whether
> the card can be used to record an encrypted channel _and_ do
> replay at the same time.

If more then one channel can be decrypted at a time, it would be nice to have
the ability to record some encrypted channels at the same time.

> I believe one problem is that replay and
> CAM access are excluding each other - that's why I have disabled
> CAM access during replay in VDR...

is it possible somehow to prove that ? (question for linux-dvb ?)

Just a thought while reading the mail :)

Greets

Steffen

--
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we would be so simple we couldn't.