[vdr] Re: [Annoncement] "nessy" Version of VDR 1.1.17 is out

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

>Hi List,
>
>Pre-Easter present ;o))
>
>Well the title pretty much says it all. You can find the download
>directory here:
>
>http://hotchevy.future.easyspace.com/vdr/progs/nessy/
>
>Two things may go wrong (i.e. it segfaults):
>
>- If you change the Osd font and quickly switch back to the menu
>- if you immediately enter the recordings menu after startup If
>   you wait 4-5 seconds it has never happend (here)
>
>I *assume* VDR hasn't initialized all variables. However (here)
>the segfault occurs seldom and it is hard to debug. I always start
>VDR with gdb after it segfaults the first time, but after I start
>VDR with gdb it never segfaults (almost like it knows ;o)). When
>I port this to the 1.2 stable I'll have another look to see if I can
>find the problem.

Would running it through "valgrind" help? It has in the past helped me
find memory corruption bugs. For a faster machine the slowdown introduced
by valgrind may not even be too bad.

--
                 "Students?" barked the Archchancellor.
    "Yes, Master. You know? They're the thinner ones with the pale faces?