[vdr] Blank sceen after changing channels

I built a new PC to make life better (beefy PSU, fast CPU, quiet parts, etc) and things have improved, but I still have
the blank screen problem that I had hoped would go away. I can now receive one channel that would only show up
as "channel not available" before !

I start up and switch channels a few times, pressing + works for this test. After a few changes, the screen goes blank
and I lose audio too. Although the OSD still works along with the plugins, there will be no live tv picture. Syslog shows
switching to channel #. I can switch back to channels that did just work, but the screen shows no tv picture (except the
OSD).

What I've tried:
- forcing CA to use one, or other of the two tuners
- using other features and then coming back

What seems to work:
- sitting patiently, after 30-180 seconds the picture comes back as if nothing had ever been wrong
- restarting vdr
- reloading the driver modules

John

HW: DVB-T, Nova DVB-T
SW: 1.1.27, DVB 1.00-pre-20030415, 2.4.21-pre7