[vdr] Re: Hardware recommendation?

Hi Martin, I've the asus p4pe and its good, and stable. But you need a cpu
over 2,5 ghz. The only trouble I had was the powersupply, I had to buy an
"high-end" psu which brings enough standby power. I also can recommand you an
good cpu-cooler, the intel-standard cpu cooler is very noisy. I first tried
to run suse 8, but there were some troubles with acip, then I got gentoo and
there everything (in relation to the hardware :-) ) runs fine. I don't know
if the irda runs, if an homebrew serial receiver.
greets peje