[vdr] Re: Multiple Card Setup Problem

Hi Klaus,

> > As stated in another posting, I now have a second
> > (& third) DVB card here.

> > My setup:
> > Primary DVB: card 1 (Rev 1.3 & no CI)
> > Secondary card 2: Rev 1.6 + CI

> > CICAM:
> > Card 1:
> > FTA
> > FTA

> > Card 2:
> > Premiere World
> > Premiere World

snip -snap

> > channel. I did play around with the priority setting (as I
> > was hoping this would do the trick), but it didn't help.
> > Or am I missing something (like RTFM ;o))

> Actually it's supposed to work as you describe.

Well  that is good news ;o))

> What's the value of your "Primary Limit"?

I started out with zero (the way it was before I added the other
card),  I believe. Then I tried 1 then 2 and later a much higher
number like 40 or 50. I tried this with instant recordings (so I
didn't change the priority of the timer -- most likely this is
my problem, right?) I haven't tried it with a scheduled recording
(where I can define the timer priority before the recording
actually starts). I'll give it a go with two scheduled timers
the next time around. However, I think VDR should exhibit
this behavior for one-touch recordings, too. Did you change
anything in this part from 1.1.17 up? (haven't tried the above
with 1.1.27 yet) One touch recordings may be a special case,
since they use the predefined priority (which is the same for
every one touch recording) which you can't change the "instant"
the recording starts. With a scheduled timer you can change
the priority at the time you create the timer.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.