[vdr] Re: maximum cable length for wintv nova-s

So that means that you have to use an software mpeg decoder and I do
wonder if Klaus
No, I just do recordings on the described system. It's a Pentium IV 2.4 GZ with 1 GB Ram. Replaying is done in a vdr client system with a full-featured tt card rev 1.6. Recording and so on IS working on a much shorter cable.

You should check the signal strength first, if that's okay, double check
the F-connectors... okay..
How can I check the signal strength with a DVB card and current drivers (linux-dvb.2003-04-13)?

if you still have a problem with the nova, then it's related with your
computer or configuration error of Linux.
The computer or linux configuration should be not involed. Since moving the same or a second computer that I use for testing to a location with much shorter cable will work.

What I even discovered. I think the cable is the problem. Today I tested my test computer in my brothers rooms which also have a 26m cable length. This cable is the same cable as the one from the dish to the "überspannungsschutz". In this configuration the recording is perfect without any glitches. I wonder why the cable is so MUCH important since the seconds one is not really much lower quality.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de