[vdr] Re: Control Plugins via Telnet?

On Sonntag, 20. April 2003 15:43 [CLC]Fraction wrote:
> is there a way to control Plugins over the telnet service? I want to start
> streaming over the network, because it doesn't start automatically and is
> also buggy at the moment.

You could create a keymacros.conf entry like:

User9 @stream

which means that User9 starts the streaming. You don't need this key defined
on your remote, but you can use it then via telnet (SVDRP) like this:

HITK User9

VDR contains a script calles svdrpsend.pl which does that non-interactively.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt