[vdr] Re: Easy convert .vdr files to dvd(mpeg2) ?

> ds.jar runs very well under OSX (Use the 1.3.1 java binary at
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.3.1/Commands/
> java). Most of the time you will have to transcode the video Stream to
> fit 720/704x576. Then you can import the files directly in DVD Studio
> Pro and Author your DVD.

I don´t generally recommend to transcode video streams if they don´t
have a resolution of 720/704x576.

If you have a recordings e.g. with a resolution of 480x576 (RTL, SAT.1
Germany etc.), I would recommend you to use a tool like DVDPatcher for
Windows (http://kickme.to/DVDPatcher; don´t know if there is a similar
tool for Linux or if it works with wine) and patch the resolution of the
file to 720x576 or 352x576). The do a DVD authoring and finally patch
the resulting VOB files back to 480x576.

Nearly all stand alone players seem to work with 'patched' video files
although this is non-standard, so I would give this a try first before
transcoding and losing lot of image quality.

Jörg