[vdr] Merging AutoPID-patch into VDR before 1.2.0 (was: Re: Re: pcr<> vpid)

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

>>There was a great deal of activity on the list regarding the handling of
>>PCR<>VPID but nothing seems to have come out of that yet. Is this
>>something that has to wait for 1.2.0 or later? Or is there a patch on
>>the horizon.
>

> This will be one of the next things I add to VDR, _before_ version 1.2.0.

What about adding Andreas Schultz's AutoPID-patch?

Of course, it will need some debugging, but I think it will be the best solution to merge it in before 1.2.0.

This will also solve the problems with channels.conf. It's a mess to get a channels.conf with all channels for TV and Radio for the satelites personally used. Especially as channel information often are dynamically.

Currently additional channel-scanners are necessary for that. But that's no option for dummy-users only having OSD and no idea of linux.

With the AutoPID-patch you wouldn't need to ship a channels.conf but only a transponders.conf with VDR and VDR would update channels.conf automatically.

The problem would be the line-based sorting of channels.conf (which I'm praying to skip for a year, now). This could be solved by an additional field "channel-number" which stores the unique number of the channel beginning with "1". A new channel simply would get the next free number.

This way the user would have a static number for each channel. And when the user rearranges sorting of channels, the channel-number in channel-number field would be changed instead of the line.

Rene