[vdr] Re: Easy convert .vdr files to dvd(mpeg2) ?

my test was more then 1.5 yaers ago and then not on the newest models, looks like the situation has changed with newer chipsets and firmware

> If it does
> not work on your player or the ones of your friends, you are
> still free
> to do a complete (time consuming) recompression.

thats a good point

> Remember that it is only the resolution of the video stream, not the
> structure etc. of it that is non-standard. It´s not a 'dirty'
> trick like
> using VBR where it is not allowed (VCD), too long GOPs or
> audio at wrong
> sample frequency.

i remember pvas complainig about to long GOP´s (more then 15 pictures) when converting PES to PS