[vdr] Re: mplayer.sh 0.8.1

Adis Salcin wrote:

> JH> Please set DEBUG="true" and USERDEF="" in mplayer.sh.conf and post the
> JH> output when playing one of the videos where the screen stays black.

> DEBUG="true" and USERDEF="" are already in mplayer.sh.conf

But DEBUG="true" is commented out! You have to remove the # in front of it...

> and all movie can play truth dvb but some:
> Have good vide/audio (but sometime video/audio start slowing)
> Some moive play balck/white format and when i press menu on remote the
> meny is olso black till i stop that moive,

Then these movies are in NTSC and your TV set is not able to process
NTSC. There are three options you have:

- best: get a new TV that is able to display NTSC

- or set NTSC=false in mplayer.sh.conf
This will result in either a jurkey video or video is ok but sound gets
out of sync

- or set NTSC=false and set USE_SPEED=true
This will bring you a perfect picture with sound in sync, BUT the sound
will be slower (therefore deeper voices...)

This is because of a limitation in mplayer :(

As I said, the best solution is to geet a new TV...

Cheers,
Juri