[vdr] Re: Newbie installs vdr

Yet another step towards being a happy vdr-man:

#cd /usr/local/src
#tar -xjvf vdr-1.1.25.tar.bz2
#ln -s vdr-1.1.25 VDR
#cd VDR
#make VFAT=1

OK

#mkdir /video
#cp *.conf /video

OK

#./vdr --help

OK

#cd /usr/local/src/VDR
#./runvdr

OK

Learning remote control keys (KBD)
Phase 2
Press ...

Looks like I missed my chance to enable the remote control which came with dvb
card... How can I do "REMOTE=LIRC" now and where?
(by the way, my remote came without a picture or explanation, so I don't know which
button is 'menu' for example - can someone mail me something to that extent?)

#cd /usr/local/src/VDR
#make install

/usr/local/man/man1/vdr.1.gz No such file or directory

#man vdr

No manual entry for vdr

In /usr/loca/bin there are two executables runvdr and vdr.

in /VDR there are lots of files, last 9 are:

vdr (green)
vdr.1
vdr-1.1.26 (red-what does red mean?)
vdr.5