[vdr] Re: Remote-Timers (was: Re: vdr died just after start)

On Samstag, 3. Mai 2003 17:48 Rene Bartsch wrote:
> I've somewhere seen a patch from you, which feeds EPG-data into VDR. I
> think patching is not that good (version changes, ...). Maybe your
> plugin could update EPG of clients by SVDRP.

I'm sure that patch is not done by me ;) What patch do you mean?

> This way you have EPG in VDR-client and can program timers.

I can already do that ;)

> Now, you'll need to prevent the client from recording. I've already
> asked Klaus for a commandline-switch preventing VDR from recording a
> year ago, but couldn't persuade him to implement one into VDR. Maybe you
> can persuade him?

Maybe I can implement this myself and he accepts a tiny patch that can't break
anything else ;)

> Now, your plugin needs to get the timers from the table used in VDR for
> transfering to server.

That's not the problem if done on a regular (i.e. one a minute) basis. But the
PlugIn can never detect a new timer that has *just* been created.

> Maybe you can persuade Klaus to change some public/private statements
> for the necessary classes to do inheritance.

First I'll see what can be done without modifying the core ;)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt