[vdr] Re: vdr died just after start

Hallo,

> >> Mai  1 20:13:31 farpoint vdr[735]: ERROR: video data stream broken on
> >device 1
>
> Fr some reason there was no data delivered from the DVB card.
> This is what the "emergency exit" is for - it reloads the driver
> and restarts VDR.
>
> Did the recording work after the restart?

Is a reload of the Driver really necessary if this happens ?
Would it not be enough to retune the channel ?

I have seldom noticed this, but if you are recording - a channel retune
would be faster thus the missing part would be smaller :)
Or maybe selective - if recording is running then retune otherwise exit and
reload driver !?
This would also not break parallel recordings on another card that has got
no problem.

Greetings
Christian