[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.30

Hallo,

> - Now turning off live PIDs when replaying. This avoids short spikes from
> other
>   channels when switching between Transfer Mode channels, and also lets an
> ongoing
>   replay continue even if a recording is started on the primary device.

I tested that yesterday and it is now much better than before :)
But if then channel needs to be changed for a recording on the Primary card
I have distorted sound and missing frames while VDR is doing that.

Here is what I did. As I have 2 cards I started a recording on the 2nd card
that was running for the whole test series.
Then i switched to RTL and programmed a recording on RTL for 2 min. later
and started replaying a recording. Everything went well the second recording
started on the Primary card and I did not notice any problems.
Then I programmed a recording on Pro7 (primary still switched to RTL but not
recording anylonger) and started replaying the same recording as before.
When the recording on the Primary (for pro7) started there was distorted
sound and missing frames. I tried it 2 times and on both I had the same
result.

So maybe there is a small glitch somewhee ?
If it can't be fixed then you could put a message on the OSD and pause the
replay for the time it takes to switch channel and start the recording :)

Then I have noticed a couple of times that wenn using the "Timeshift pause"
feature I had a distorted picture (somehow teared apart in "stripes") and
black screen as reported earlyer by someone else. A recording on the second
card was running at that time so that it probably could be compared with a
single card system.

Greetings
Christian