[vdr] Re: vdr 1.1.x without fullfeatured card as record-onlymachine possible?

Am Die, 2003-05-06 um 14.32 schrieb mt@thalmann.de:

> Am Dienstag, 06.05.03, um 13:24 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Andreas
> Mair:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > did you install the new DVB drivers recommended by Klaus?
> > vdr v1.1.x won't run with the old DVB drivers vdr v1.0.4 used to run
> > with.
>
> I have installed 1.0.0pre2 from linuxtv.de. The same driver is working
> with my
> vdr in the living room, but thats not surprising - inside is a
> full-featured card.
>
> I have searched the list before posting and there are some people
> running a 1.1.x version
> without mpg-decoder cards , but nobody explains how he has done it. With
> 1.0.4 there was nothing special about it: just compile and run. With
> 1.1.28 vdr complains
> that no device for output was found and exits.

Klaus added some function to detect primary card automagically. In the
first version this did not accept low-budget-only systems with now
MPEG-decoder. I think this was VDR-1.1.28.

So try newer one. I have this working on a server with 1.1.29 (1.1.25
before).

Rene