[vdr] Re: Feature Request: Bitstreamout - select audio with menu, green

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:18:05AM +0200, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> Hallo,

> > >soundtrack
> >
> > Hmmm ... agree. Nevertheless IMHO this should be done in VDR its self.
> > Even if it is possible to use a macro key ... what happens if one channel
> > provides two languages audio channels and one AC3 channel?
> >
> > @Klaus: is it possible to extend the green button audio channel switch to
> > switch between normal audio channel(s) and AC3 channel(s)?  AFAIS
> > currently
> > only two normal audio channels are know by VDR.
>
> IIRC this feature is working with AC3overDVB with the normal "menu", "Green"
> buttons. I think I saw that with AC3overDVB 0.1.6, but I might bee wrong !?

Then the AC3overDVB 0.1.6 heavily patches VDR 1.1.30 at the appropiate
source code places.  Currently I'v put together the needed changes to
ensure that the AC3 stream is in synch with the video even if the Still
button was pressed ... and that EPG data scans do not cause stream drop
outs.

I don't know if Klaus will the green button feature before VDR 1.2.x ...
I guess he doesn't want to do that.  Btw: AC3overDVB can be used in
parallel with bitstreamout AFAIK.

       Werner