[vdr] Re: How to detect transfer mode in a plugin?

On Friday 09 May 2003 11:05, Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> As a regular transfer-mode user (DXR3), just being curious...
>
> There are couple of plugins that need to receive data on some PID (teletext
> data etc). How do you detect the transfer mode and receive the data from
> the "real" device in that case?
>
> I think the most commonly used way is to receive from the primary device,
> but that goes wrong in this case.

The OsdTeletext-Plugin had this problem when running with the DXR3-Plugin.
The latest version of the OsdTeletext-Plugin fixes this by checking whether
the primary devices provides the current channel or not. If the primary
devices doesn't provide the current channel the code iterates through the
list of devices and checks whether one of the devices provides the current
channel and is currently in use (this should be the device connected with the
dxr3 device). The receiver is then attached to this device.
See cTxtStatus::CheckCreateReceiver() in txtrecv.c.
I think plugins should handle this problem in a similar way (it is not good to
give up if the primary device is not able to provide the current channel).

Have fun,

Kai