[vdr] Re: ERROR: unexpected tag while reading EPG data: c

Am Son, 2003-05-11 um 18.12 schrieb Oliver Endriss:
> Rene Bartsch wrote:

> > > Well, then somebody should fix it!
> >
> > I've posted that oops several times with several driver versions for
> > a year now on linux-dvb, but nothing improved!
>
> Someone who encountered this problem has to debug it and send a patch.
> Otherwise it will never be fixed.
>
> Sorry, if you are the only one with this problem *you* have to fix it.
> Sending an oops report just gives a hint where to start debugging.

Yes, but my problems are

a) only very limited access to that VDR-box

b) I'm no C/C++-programmer (but I can tell you something about
modularization (to avoide side-effects) and draw you some nice
flow-charts of your planned software ;o) )

and c) I don't like pointers as a lot of guys use them but only very few
can really handle them.

Maybe that bug is related to the high-memory problem reported on the
linuxdvb-ML (although the machine has only 32 MB)?

> > > Oh no, please not again!!!!!
> > >
> > > Isn't the dvb-kernel driver API compatible to DVB HEAD?
> >
> > Should be.
>
> The API is compatible. The path to the include files has changed of
> course. The kernel driver is the developer version, while HEAD is
> the stable one. Therefore, only bug fixes and minor improvements
> will be applied to the HEAD driver.
>
> > I compiled and installed dvb-kernel-CVS from 2003-05-08 on a box and
> > compiled VDR against DVB-Head 2003-04-27 from your ftp.
> >
> > In a 15-minute test VDR worked fine except remote-control (maybe
> > handling the IR-codes has changed in dvb-kernel, I had no time to
> > test new keymaps).
>
> You don't need new keymaps.
> All remote control stuff should work as before.

The remote did not work. I didn't test av7110_ir_debug, but there was no
reaction from VDR on the remote (only on keyboard). Compile-options on
VDR have been VFAT=1 and NO_KBD=1 (using your remote-plugin 0.1.0).

Could it be a problem that I ran dvb-kernel driver while VDR has been
compiled with DVB-Head?

Rene