[vdr] Re: Shutdown frontend for saving power and heat

Am Mon, 2003-05-12 um 07.10 schrieb Jan Ekholm:
> On Sun, 11 May 2003, Christian Vogt wrote:

You have to set the "dvb_shutdown_timeout=0"-option for
"dvb-core.o"-module. When you have installed DVB-driver edit your
modules.conf, if you use insmod-scripts edit the Makefile, section
insmod.

"0" disables power-management, any other value is the timeout in seconds
after which the tuner-frontend is shutdown when device is released by
the software.

But VDR doesn't support this. So you have to stop VDR completely to
release the device.

Rene