[vdr] Re: Feature request: Using different colours for timers

> When you start the OSD you see on screen the available hours.
> But: How should VDR know, what you do with the recordings.
> At the moment I have (for the next 4 weeks) about 300 hours
> to record. I have not enough diskspace for all this records.
> Should vdr refuse to accept the next timer-entry?? Beware! I
> create my DVDs and delete the recordings afterwards. I think,
> it's in your responsibility.

The idea is that vdr shows you which recordings could be done without
harming your already made recordings and which could be done with
deleting some of them regarding the priority and lifetime. Of course
this answer changes when you delete some of the recordings. So it should
be updated evertime you enter the timers menu.

> I fear it would be really complicated and not very helpful,
> so in my opinion it seems to be rather useless.
> If you want to monitor your diskspace:
> A little shellscript can do this for you. It can even
> calculate the timers-entry and warn you by email, if you run
> within the next 48 hours out of diskspace.

Yes, but it could not (as far as I know) calculate which of the
recordings could be deleted to create new disc space.