[vdr] Nova-t UK

Can VDR be used with a nova-t without dxr-3 card?

if so please let me know how, as I currently just get a blank console
screen (I assume it's trying to output to a tv, without the hardware to
do so?).

if not can anyone give me clear instructions of how a nova-t can be used
under linux? I've been trying this for ages and it's starting to make me
crazy :o(

to be clear, I'm running Redhat 9 with a custom 2.4.20 kernel. The DVB
drivers install fine and I can get channel listings with dvbtune, and
tzap made a nice little file with my channels listed. I get all of the
channels I do in windows, except in windows I can see the video and hear
the audio. In linux I get to look at my channel list and watch compile
after compile after compile.

getting frustrated but I'm sticking with this one as I'm sure once I get
it working it'll be lovely :o)

thanks

Dave