[vdr] Re: DVB-T appears to require PTS to demux (was: DVB-T based systems - does anyone have one that really is usable ?)

At 15:25 13/05/2003, I wrote:
Trying playback with Mplayer yielded the same results as vdr trying to play it back: Sound for a second and then "hang". Looking at it with pvastrumento showed the first PTS (timestamp) to be at 4,5 seconds and gave a warning message about audio delay. After remuxing with pvsastrumento the stream now had the first PTS at the very beginning (10 ms or so) and played back fine in vdr. Now for the interesting bit: The second of audio that could be heard from the broken stream before it died was actually at posititon 4,5 seconds! Now this really narrows this specific "blank screen" bug down to PTS handling I think.
Just to say - it cristallized that this "blank screen" bug is down to statistical multiplexing and corresponding headers in the PES stream.
I've posted about this over on the linux-dvb list:

This is the second time I blame PTS handling for nothing :) I guess it's only once it's implemented that I'll stop barking up the wrong tree.

- Gregor