[vdr] Re: analogtv and init-script

HI,

i also had a lot of trouble from starting in inittab:

Rene Bartsch schrieb:
Am Mit, 2003-05-14 um 00.20 schrieb steffen moldaner:

Now I found the cause of the problem! The init-script uses "su-c vdr -P...".
And exactly the su -c is the problem. If I start vdr and the analogtv plugin
without the su command it works.
I think if su is used there is something missing in the path needed for
analogtv. All other plugins work without problems.
try:
". /etc/profile"
as second line in the runvdr script or any other script you have trouble with(convert.sh e.g.).

I do have the same problem with parsing since switching from Debian to
Mandrake. Obviously the Mandrake-settings for (ba)sh cause problems with
parsing such complex commands.
Hmm cant confirm that, it looks more like debian sets up the init
enviroment like the root user account, which should not hurt, but im not
shure what LSB says.
At least for complex shell stuff, i do prefer redhat and mandrake, but i only tested against suse and turbolinux, debian is too much of a religon
to me, i just want things working :-) but who doesn't *g*.....

kind regards Onno