[vdr] Re: vdr does not start

On Thursday 15 May 2003 16:56, you wrote:

hello and thanks a lot for your help,

> VDR Now wants you to tell him which keys are needed to control,
> or am I wrong.
> Have you connected a TV to the DVB-s ?

no

> If not you should do so now or start kvdr or whatever program you
> wnat to use under X and learn the keys.

i use debian woody, maybe the package is to old?
i would like to use xine, but is it possible at the moment?
http://xinehq.de/index.php/faq:
" [...] DVB support is very new and experimental feature in xine.
The number of supported cards is pretty limited at the moment. ..."

so, can you recommend me a program?

thanks for your support.
and sorry for my newbie-questions, but this (TV-linux) is complete
new to me.

beste gruesse
jochen