[vdr] Re: Not all RC-5 keys are recognized by the Hauppauge Nexus built-in IR-receiver

bruce14@gmx.net wrote:
> I recently tried to replace the remote control that
> came with the Hauppauge Nexus DVB card with
> another Philips remote. This remote offers much
> more keys and would be perfect to use with VDR.
>
> However I havn't been able to use all of the keys
> the new remote has. Especially the Arrow and
> Menu-Keys do not work.
>
> When I use a standard LIRC IR receiver everything
> worked fine and I was able to use all keys. My lirc.conf
> then contains the following codes:
> Unfortunately I switched my VDR-box to a
> VIA Epia Board which does not support my
> LIRC IR receiver, so I would like to get the
> Hauppage receiver to work again. What
> strikes me is that all keys ending in 11xx
> work find with the built-in receiver whereas
> all those ending with 01xx do not. With
> those kyes not even a message appears in
> /var/log/messages, so it seems that these
> codes are somehow filtered in the DVB driver.

You are using vdr 1.0.4 with 0.9.4 driver, right?
If you have set debug=1 in lirc_dvb.c and you don't see any 'ircom'
messages for these keys, the av7110 firmware does not pass the codes to
the driver.

> Is there any chance to modify the DVB driver
> to recognize the whole set of RC-5 codes?

No, sorry.

> Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance
> for any help or ideas how to solve this.

You may upgrade to the developer version of vdr + remote control plugin.
The new firmware/driver accepts all rc5 codes.

Oliver