[vdr] Re: SVDRP Command GRAB

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Thomas Koch wrote:

>Am Samstag, 17.05.03 um 13:15 Uhr schrieb Tomahawk:
>
>> Question on SVDRP Command GRAB, I just updated to vdradmin 0.24 pre 8
>> and found the interesting grab feature, but all i get when using it
>> manually over SVDRP or in the remote control of vdradmin is a blue
>> picture. I tried all modes from 644 to 777 on /dev/video* but no
>> result.
>
>Do you have any other video card in your system? AFAIK VDR assume dvb
>device 0 is the same as video device 0. But i think this is not the
>case if, for example, a bttv card is in the system and the bttv driver
>is loaded before the dvb drivers. You can try to link /dev/video0 to
>the first dvb video device (eg. /dev/video1)

Well, I tried GRAB too when I restarted my VDR box over ssh, and all I got
was a gray image. When I got home VDR was working just fine, but the GRAB
gave nothing useful. This with 1.1.31 and DVB drivers from CVS from a week
ago.

--
          "Yes, bugger all that." said Nanny. "Let's curse somebody."
                                            -- Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters