[vdr] Re: Switching to channel n

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've seen that the recent 1.1.3x versions of VDR quite often seem to get
>> stuck in "channel switch loops". I frequently see messages like:
>>
>> ... 15:49:23 vdr[4813]: switching to channel 7
>> ... 15:49:45 vdr[4813]: switching to channel 7
>> ... 15:50:06 vdr[4813]: switching to channel 7
>>
>> They come roughly once or twice per minute, often for hours. Usually the
>> image is black but the OSD still works ok, so VDR isn't frozen. This has
>> happened with several VDR versions, and various DVB drivers from May and
>> March, the most recent ones are DVB CVS from today. The card is a full
>> featured Hauppauge DVB-c. No custom patches to VDR. The MP3-plugin is
>> loaded, as well as a couple custom local plugins (that don't get used at
>> all at this point).
>>
>> Is this a known issue, not a problem at all, a user error or just bad
>> luck? :)
>
>I guess that during these times there is a recording going on on a
>different transponder than the one channel 7 is on. This issue has
>already been brought up here on the list and the solution will
>probably be that VDR switches to the recording channel in that case.

I got it just half an hour ago, and there definitely was no recording
going on, in fact the next recording is scheduled for tomorrow. The VDR
instance that printed those messages was a freshly installed one which had
had no user interaction at all. After a while I see that this also got
logged:

... 15:54:24 vdr[4847]: transfer thread started (pid=4847)
... 15:54:24 vdr[4848]: receiver thread started on device 1 (pid=4848)

After this VDR has been quiet. I don't know the state of the image, ie
wether it is ok or black, as I'm looking at logs over ssh.

--
           "Right, you bastards, you're... you're geography"
                                         -- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!